Speaking at the first such cross-party event in Westminster, General David Petraeus, former Commander, US Central Command, tells a packed Policy Exchange audience that expansion of European Human Rights law “is having a chilling effect on recruiting, retention & overall morale of British armed forces.
Featuring a cross-party panel:
- Johnny Mercer MP, Member of Parliament for Plymouth Moor View and former Captain in the British Army
- Rt Hon Lord West of Spithead GCB DSC, former First Sea Lord and Former Security Minister
- Julie Marionneau, Research Fellow, Policy Exchange’s Judicial Power Project and former Commandant de l’armée de l’air française
- Patrick Hennessey, Barrister and former British Army Officer
- Brian Wood, former Sergeant in the British Army